I have a double academic background, being a graduate of both the Law School (Bucharest University) and of the Accounting and Management School (Titu Maiorescu University). In 2013 I also graduated the Master in Tax Law organized by the Law School of Bucharest University.
Currently, I am a PhD student in European VAT (Timișoara University, Law Faculty).
With a 17-year experience in tax law, I am specialized in tax consultancy, including fiscal structuring and reorganisation, assistance throughout the fiscal inspection and antifraud controls, assistance in contesting the tax assessments and legal representation in fiscal litigation.
I am highly specialized in value added tax (VAT) and fiscal procedure. In this capacity, I am a member of VAT Forum Brussels and a member of the VAT technical commission within the Romanian Ministry of Finance.
I was involved in three already finalized court cases judged by the European Court of Justice (C-249/12 Tulică și Plavoșin, C-55/16 EvoBus and C-392/16 Dumitru Marcu) and also, in two infringement procedures (EU PILOT files) against Romania, all of them regarding VAT issues.
I am a frequent speaker within the most significant tax conferences and workshops, and has authored numerous online press articles, most of which are being republished in the Romanian articles section of Dobrinescu Dobrev website.
Also, I am one of the co-authors of the Commentaries on the new Fiscal Procedural Code (Solomon publishing house, February 2016) and one of the permanent co-authors of Tax Magazine.
Starting with 2016, I have the privilege to be considered one the most reputable tax lawyers in Romania by Chambers and Partners.
My previous experience:
- Biriș Goran SCA, Senior associate, 2007 – 2012 (direct and indirect taxation, assistance and representation in the fiscal inspection, fiscal contestations)
- Finconta SRL, jurist, 2001 – 2007 (fiscal procedures, legal advice for financial audit and accounting survey)
- Facultatea de Contabilitate şi Informatică de Gestiune, Universitatea “Titu Maiorescu”, Bucureşti, promoția 2007 – 2010
- Facultatea de Drept, Universitatea din București 1996 – 2000
- Liceul “Mihai Viteazul”, 1992 – 1996, Slobozia